The Yale Institute for Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering (YINQE) is a shared core facility for electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, and electron-beam lithography. Graduate students, undergraduates, post-docs, and faculty have hands-on access to all instruments.
PHASE-IN REOPENING REQUIREMENTS
Users who plan to access the YINQE lab during phase-1/2/3/n reopening must complete the following steps:
- To gain access, users and their PIs should review the Phase-In Research Reactivation instructions.
- Faculty must register their users for research exception in the EHS Integrator.
- Users should go through the EHS reactivation training and obtain the training credit.
- Users should obtain their 50 face masks and hand sanitizer/wipes from EHS (link).
- Review the new phase-in rules for the YINQE lab (which are the same as phase-1)
- Users must be briefed briefly before entering the lab. You can stop by randomly, or you can use this calendar to make an appointment.
SEM, TEM, and e-beam training are now available! Using a combination of video clips and remote viewing, we can now conduct training, during which the instructor and student remain in separate rooms. You will be at the instrument, learning to use it in person, while the instructor monitors your progress and answers your questions from a remote location. Look at our training page for more information.
Training is not available for other YINQE instruments.